Aevum Vapore

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aevum Vapore

The Forums for the steampunk/victorian themed minecraft server. The Ip is: LBMT.DYNDNS.org:8888

3 posters

Midas Application.

Lord Caomhnoir
    Lord Caomhnoir

Midas Application. Empty Midas Application.

Post  Lord Caomhnoir Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:18 am

Out of Character

Username: delvenak

Roleplay Experience: In minecraft? I'm a little limited. However I have roleplayed on many platforms including online chatrooms and forum roleplays. In both of these I have excelled and even taking on administrative roles. I have, across these different platforms, been roleplaying for 10 years.

Why you: I have a love for steampunk and have been roleplaying since I was seven as a way to enhance my creativity and english skills. I believe my experience of rp can transfer over to minecraft and thus give me some understanding of how things will work and how to forward the rp as a whole. I love a good community, there is nothing better and I love minecraft.. Both offer endless ingenuity and spark for imagination and this rp server seems to offer more than I could hope for.

Experience being an op (for admin app) And why should you be an admin: Though I'm not putting my heart and pride on my sleeve in hopes of becoming an Admin, especially without getting to know the rp first, my previous years in organizational and Administrative roles leads me to offer my services. Whether it is Forum moderations or server moderation, a lore master.. Whatever it is you may need, I will either have some experience or knowledge in the area or be perfectly willing to learn. If I have come to know anything about rp it is that you must share what you know to those that wish to learn and you must learn from those who wish to share.

In Character

Name: Midas

Race: Mecha

Gender: Male (As much as a machine can develop a male persona anyway)

Class: Engineer (previously Man servant)

Religion: Atheist

Nation/Faction: Human Republic

Personality: Incredibly intelligent and curious. Rational, witty and morally well rounded once you get to know him however as a mecha in his position, he does not get to display this often, usually conforming to what is expected.

Backstory: Constructed in 1630, a year before the Mecha liberation front, Midas was a manservant for a horrendously cruel upperclass family of the Human Republic. In this time he wasn't even given a name. From his construction he was already gaining sentient knowledge, storing vast amounts of information but unable to process it into a form of sentient persona. In this time as a manservant his outer armour was remade to look more presentable in front of guests, about the only 'gift' he was ever given from his foster family, and was forced to do everything from cooking to cleaning to house maintenance and was even the source of torturous amusement from one of the families sons who would often see what parts of the mecha could be taken away and to what effect.

By 1631, the Mecha Liberation front had been created and the family grew suspicious of Midas' sentience. It just so happened that a lead engineer of one of the Republics Airships was passing through when the family was trying to sell him off. The Man, who Midas soon came to understand was named Silas, Bought him for a fair price and took him back to work in the Airship.

Silas put Midas to work and hard work it was but he was a good man and, when no one was in hearing distance, taught Midas of the Liberation and how he believed that sentient mecha should be equal. He gave Midas his name and treated him more like a son then some mechine, teaching him the ways of engineering and other mechanical work while also helping the mecha find his own personality, to create his own personality and to teach him the morals and understandings of the world around him. He was even taught to read and write. Silas also had an outstanding understanding of mechas and had a hobby for clockwork. This lead to Midas being remodeled throughout the years with more precise and, to be honest, nicer looking clockwork parts, this allowed him more fluid and precise movements while the base model cogs that were kept, gave him the strength he needed to complete his engineering tasks on the ship. Silas defended Midas from the worst of the crews racial attacks but also taught him to keep a clear and level head and to never make more trouble then was absolutely necessary.

Silas fell ill and died in 1634, Just before the Mechas achieved citizenship and thus died without his dream fulfilled. Midas had lost his father figure but forged on to attain citizenship and has continued to prove himself in the memory of Silas.

legoman_7
    legoman_7
    Accepted

Midas Application. Empty im in but not to shore about others.

Post  legoman_7 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:25 am

I liked the way you demonstrated it but u have to surpass the vote of Claude fox any way to sum it up the server is down from the update as well so u will have to wait

signed by legoman_7
    Neutral
    Lord Caomhnoir
    Lord Caomhnoir

Midas Application. Empty Re: Midas Application.

Post  Lord Caomhnoir Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:52 am

Pity that the server is down, do we have an idea of how long?
    spartanhero613
    spartanhero613

Midas Application. Empty .........

Post  spartanhero613 Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:14 am

my post is older but this new one gets replys? :l

Sponsored content

Midas Application. Empty Re: Midas Application.

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:26 pm